The APCO Emerging Technology Forum will provide attendees with a wide array of sessions and topics that will broaden knowledge, understanding and awareness of emerging technologies in the public safety communications industry..
A sampling of our session topics include:
- The Intersection of Cross Border & Broadband: This presentation will feature an update on the work being done by the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC) including development of public safety requirements for FirstNet. The session will also discuss cross border voice and data initiatives including efforts to harmonize the U.S. and Canadian public safety spectrum assignments.
- Public Safety Broadband Deployable Assets, a Border Issue: This presentation will discuss the use of broadband network deployable assets along the U.S./Canadian border and the need to examine public safety use cases on these systems; develop standards for deployment, and the need for operational protocols. The convergence of deployable assets from different countries, with different vendors, must be examined as well as how roaming might work between different zones of coverage.
- Research and Opportunities for Real-Time Operations Centers: Law enforcement and public safety agencies are constantly looking to access and leverage the best possible information to improve operations and serve as a force multiplier for first responders in the field. Progressive cities are looking to real-time solutions to provide enhanced video, sensor and social media data, coupled with traditional mapping, records and incident management to provide a much more complete picture of operations, improve situation awareness, and enable the communications center to assume a more proactive, tactical role in field operations. This presentation summarizes research conducted by Motorola Solutions Innovation & Design team, examining how real-time support activities are evolving, and opportunities for improved solutions for assisting public safety agencies.
- Data As A Digital Asset: Intrado IP-based equipment and networks have the potential to support the delivery of voice, text, and multiple kinds of rich, robust data. While PSAPs are right to be concerned about how this is going to impact the already complex task of receiving and processing requests for emergency assistance, Next-Generation data can actually save valuable call-processing time and diminish workloads by allowing the PSAP to determine how, when and where that information is delivered.
- Mobile Applications & Public Safety: An in-depth look at the evolution and status of APCO International’s Application Community (AppComm) website and related efforts.
- FirstNet Update: An overview will be provided describing the mission of FirstNet, with an update on current activities and plans.
- P25 Technologies Panel Discussion: What does it mean and what effect does interoperability have on day-to-day communications.
- Other Topics Include:
- Text to 9-1-1: Know your Options
- Emerging Emergency Communications Operating Environment
- Public Safety Broadband Network (PSBN) Capabilities